The numbers don't lie. The facts indicate that far too many young lives are lost in totally avoidable accidents.
Congratulations! You’ve passed your test and think you now know everything there is about driving……. You don’t.
How would you feel if you had killed your best friend, left to deal with the everyday consequences of guilt? How would your family treat you now you have killed someone? What about your remaining friends who no longer want to be seen out with you…… remember you have the ability to change the way you drive.
Here are some of the facts:-
- A young driver is killed every 4 weeks on Welsh roads.
- 3 young drivers are seriously injured every week.
- Around 30 young lives are lost each year in road collisions.
- 1 in 4 collisions involve young male drivers.
- Young drivers have more road collisions that older age groups. They have around 1 in 3 of all collisions where someone is killed or seriously injured.
- Over a 3 year period (2011-2014) there was a total of 13,476 speeding endorsements issued on licences to the 15-24 age groups.
Why not spend some time looking through the DriveIQ resource which will help make you a better driver.